22 January 2007

a sunday of snow and pbs

It snowed 6-8 inches in the night.
We had 20 people in church today.
I requested they all sit up front in the first two rows.
We had to send a 4x4 for the organist.
A potluck was served. The 5 dishes fed us all.
I survived yet another Board meeting.

(If Jesus' dealings with the scribes and pharisees was anything like a church board meeting...
well I don't know what to say but that, but that the boy didn't get enough credit.)

It was then time for apple pie. I then went over to one of my dearest church ladies...98 yrs old...sharp & spry. She could not attend today, so it was a shame for her apple pie to go to waste. We had a nice visit.

The day ended with great PBS watching. Masterpiece Theater was 2 hours, the first part of "Jane Eyre" then followed by a humorous detective show from England. Both were great. I am so glad for a low key Sunday night of great television. Truely a rarity.

I just stepped outsided to set the trash cans out, and found that someone with a big plow has plowed the gravel side of my driveway. My goodness what a blessing. I wonder who it was, and why I didn't hear a plow out front. hummm....
Ironic that I just a few hours ago shoveled the pavement side.

Come on Spring!

No comments: