19 January 2007

ad boy hits the road...

It is a glorious Friday here in America's Hometown. (I have claimed that name for us, you know.) The sun is out to give the bitter cold a run for its money. The day began at o'early hour with some radio time. Every now and then I pop in on our local country radio station's live morning show. Good friends are the radio personalities...so we laugh about life here and random stuff. (They are linked on this blog.)

Today we talked about the Winter River Festival that is coming up next weekend. How I got myself into the chairpersonship I have no idea. But for today that means a last ditch effort of promotion....radio, Quincy/Hannibal TV spot at noon, flyers in certain places throughout the county....which means me driving to said places and posting them. But again it is a beautiful winter day......and I have been in town now for two weeks so some busting out is in order.
So I am headed out to Bowling Green, then Hannibal, then to Quincy. Not to mention I have brand new touring tires on the Cadillac that have yet to be roadtested--most excited about this.

The festival will be great. A 5K Run, Polar Plunge, Missouri Wine Tasting, Missouri Artisans, Antique Appraising, Karoke Contest... to name a few. Not to mention watching the bald eagles along the river.

I might also add that the Mississippi River was calm and bright with sunshine reflection early this morning.......a reminder to me that I do live in a pretty place.
I will post pictures of the river soon......well, as soon as I can get some scanned.

Here's to the weekend!

(and the impending snow storm that is coming on Saturday night.....ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Comment. WOO HOO!! You make want to post on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Surely is fun to enjoy some "Hyacinth" humor!!! Have missed your visits to Crutcher Lodge.

Keep the snow & ice! We don't want it! Are you a Louisiana Polar????

Mecia