16 January 2007

oh my gosh what have i gotten myself into

okay so now the pressure is on. to blog the next day...

it was a quiet weekend here in lake wobegon....aka louisiana. the ice storm commenced on friday and has been with us for some 3 days. a little thaw, a little rain, more ice, more cold...etc.

frankly, it is freaking cold. like between 10-20 degrees. ice is everywhere. people are trapped.

but we shall maintain!
the weekend consisted of me visiting folk and hanging out. what a great reason to hangout with folks when the snow comes.... good meals, card games, cocktails....
my senior adult church member fun cool as hell neighbors haven't been out yet.....so a pastoral visit around happy hour tonight is in store. we shall become warm!

i believe the church office was hovering around 55 degrees. geez that building is cold.
new offices are on the way with new ways of heating and cooling this vicar. thanks be to God.
i could only work in the afternoon....luckily my cords, smart looking sweater and cool scarf kept the frost bite at bay.

okay, so blog #2 was about as thrilling as watching ice melt....so thanks for reading. i hope to gain some more wit in the coming days.

and that is the news from louisiana, where all the men, women, and children are just about frozen. :)

3 comments:

April said...

Uh... you fail to mention to your less fortunate colleagues that you are one lucky bastard getting to call off church on a Sunday. I have no sympathy for you.
:)

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate me so? I can be your friend. Your readers might actually appreciate me too! Try me.
Love,
The Capital Letter

Jimmy said...

Dear Captial Letter,
It has been a really long time. I know we have estranged. I know you have been missed. Won't you come back?

Pretty please?