11 April 2007

yes. i do wear bowties.

my friend Laura in kentucky emailed me recently about the blog and asked if i still wore bow ties. well sure i do! i just don't seem to have the occassion very often. i can't wear them on Sunday as they look funky with the robe. but i do try to wear them when i attend weddings, ordinations, anniversary parties, and other hob-knobing social functions. i will sport one to Rotary every now and then.

they really are fun, cause some comment, and don't get into your food.

the only pic i have of such frivolity is from a few years back at my friend Kara's ordination, pictured also with April. it was a good day for a bow tie.

4 comments:

LaLaLouie said...

did i ask if you wore a bowtie? or is that another laura?

i have no recollection of asking that question....only if you were ever going to blog again...

Anonymous said...

Happy Brithday Jimmy!!!!

Jimmy said...

laura.... it was another laura from my church in lawrenceburg. i am not a very good blogger.... LOL.

April said...

I actually wore that dress today. Well, no, actually -- that dress was cut off of me in an emergency room in Sept. -- but I wore its odentical replacement today. Did you wear a bowtie?